View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 09:21 PM
2door's Avatar
2door 2door is offline
Super Moderator
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Littleton, Colorado
Posts: 16,221
Default Re: Gas Tank Edge Guard

Originally Posted by J Slay View Post
hey 2DOOR, gr8, idea, i was looking at flooring trim strips, that is the way,(especially if you lean the bike on poles,trees ect,)whats it called?jus trim strip. jslay
I'm not sure what it was called nor do I have a brand name. I was doing the interior of my hot rod and went to a interior and trim supplier here in Denver. I needed something to trim out the edge of a fiberglass console I had built and the guy there showed me a sample of the stuff. I bought few yards and used what I needed and had several feet leftover. That's what I used on my tank. I'm sure any good interior supply place would have something similar. The nice thing about the stuff I had was the heat activated adhesive. Once heated it really sticks. Get it right the first time cause it's hard to get off if you make a mistake. Maybe print a copy of my photo closeup of the material and take it with you to the store.
Age and Treachery Will Always Triumph
Over Youth and Skill & "Charlie Don't Ride"
Reply With Quote