View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 04:24 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Removing pedals off motorised bike and adding pull start

Originally Posted by P_Wheeler View Post
Hi guys, this is my first post on this forum so dont expect much!
Im a kid from Sydney Australia and to add to the note of the 200w limit, ALL internal combustion engines have been banned from bikes in NSW, after 3 deaths last year apparently. QLD has had them banned a while ago, not sure when exactly. I too have been thinking of making my bike into more of a motorbike, as its not much good as anything else now. Wouldnt it be better to leave the pedals on? Its not that much of a big deal to pedal a bit to get over small hills faster. I also want to get a pullstart.
I don't mind if the bike is illegal on the road, because I ride it in the bush on a private road and on a property, so the law doesn't count for me! LOL. But thanks for the advice anyway, I actually didn't know that they were completely illegal.

Also the reason why I want to leave the pedals on is because, I am having trouble with my gearing on my bike and I can't be stuffed to fix the gears, so I just want to remove the bicycle chain, pedals and cranks and forget about the gears. Also on the plus side, it removes weight from the bike.

If wanted to get a pull start, I would try something like this first

If have yet to try out a pull start on my bike

Last edited by Lachiepower0402; 09-16-2014 at 04:35 PM.