Well, I installed better rear brakes, bolting a used front center-pull brake underneath the Staton rear motor mount. I just need to hook up cable and lever. Cost of brake upgrade= less than $15.00
That done, I worked on the pocketbike engine's jammed pullstart assembly. When the pullstart spring popped out, I gave up and replaced the PB engine with a Mitsubishi with expansion pipe. Now "The Dragon Lady" has TWO Mits engines, both with friction drive and individual fuel tanks. For easy fillups, I'll hook up the Happy Time tank as a reserve to feed both tanks. The tank will mount very low on the girlie cruiser frame so the siphon primer bulb will push fuel upward into the engines' tanks.
"The Dragon Lady" should fly tomorrow and take me to work on weekdays.