View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 09:12 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

went for a nice ride late yesterday evening just before dark, first time I've even started one of my bikes in a while now, was a cool and relaxing cruise for a few miles down the ole dirt road.

We've had nice cool weather here in central Texas this weekend, such a welcome break from the upper 90's - 100+ degrees we have been dealing with, some around here are cold when the temps go from 100 down to the upper 50's to mid and upper 60's but this ole country boy like it, makes me feel like a buck and I kinda go into rut just a little andfeel like gettit outside and doing things.

hoping to ride more as time allows, I'm needing to rebuild the top end of the dax engine on my old 1963 Western Flyer bike, needs new jug and piston, engine still runs but has lost compression due to rings not being seated well and I'm tinking they have lost their tension due to overheating, this is the upper that I run my person best top speed of 50.3 mph with, to many high speed runs on those rings and they have given up the

The engine has low bottom end power because of the timing changes I made to get the high rpms, I dont care about going that fast anymore so Im going back to a more stock configuration that will give me better torque.

Happy safe riding y'all.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!