View Single Post
Old 09-08-2014, 08:04 PM
Dan's Avatar
Dan Dan is offline
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Moosylvania
Posts: 11,850
Default Re: friction kit tire wear

Great catch and Thank You Citi. Big time important to check local laws.

Found this (and does allow for 50cc in Ky. But should always be checked before spending any $ or more importantly, riding on a road);

"A 'moped' is defined as having: "No more than two (2) brake horsepower, a cylinder capacity not exceeding fifty (50) cubic centimeters, an automatic transmission not requiring clutching or shifting by the operator after the drive system is engaged, and capable of a maximum speed of not more than thirty (30) miles per hour." KRS 189.285. If not sure about the vehicle, contact the County Clerk's office to find out if the vehicle needs to be licensed."


In the state of Kentucky, a moped is defined as a vehicle that is a motorized bicycle with an automatic transmission, an engine less than 50 ccs, and the capability to rev up to a speed of no more than 30 mph.

You don't need a moped license if you plan to operate the vehicle on private property only; however, if you plan to ride on streets or highways you'll need to obtain a Kentucky moped license and register the moped.

You must be at least 16 years old with a valid driver's permit to apply for your moped license. If you already have a driver's or motorcycle license, it will suffice. You won't need a moped license, too.

Apply for your moped license at your local County Clerk's office."
worst apocalypse ever

Last edited by Dan; 09-08-2014 at 09:52 PM.
Reply With Quote