Thread: 40 MPH Club
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 07:02 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: 40 MPH Club

Originally Posted by thatsdax View Post
And yes.. I did go out last night and buy me a Fixe at Wally World for 99 bucks !! It is a great deal.. This fixe is made by Kent which is a good name brand but bottom end Kent for sure. Brakes are ok, Frame is steel, Spokes and front hub are lower quality. Everything else on the bike seems top shelf.. It looks well enough to handle 40-50mph.
Don't let me rain on the parade, but Kent isn't the same manufacturer it used to be. A few years ago, some of the mass producing companies out of china started buying up a lot of the "old names" of cycling; Dawes, Windsor, Kent, Motobecane, etc. They share none of the lineage of those former companies' design, engineering, etc. At this point those bikes are just as good as all the other bikes rolling out of several of the massive producers over there, alot like the HT or Huasheng engines. That is to say they are just fine for most purposes. And don't get me wrong, I actually have a Kent tandem that my wife and I ride together, it's cheap and awesome, but it's not really a Kent anymore, if you take my meaning.