Thread: 40 MPH Club
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 07:07 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: 40 MPH Club

Ok.. Put on a Chrome Banana and it upped me 1mph !! So.. The Chrome Banana is better than a worked Chromie !! Cool.. I had thought it would be better since it allows for expansion right off the exhaust manifold, where the Chromie has the Chrome conduit all the way to the chrome canister which is restrictive until it gets to the canister and then allows for some expansion.. But.. The big boost came when I ramped the piston !! The bike then hit 38mph !!! Wow !! Keep in mind this is a new piston and ring set that has only 2 miles on it. I still have a good cross hatch in the cylinder so it will break in eventually and make more power.. I may pull the piston and ramp another millimeter off it at the exchange ports.. The theory is that when something is done and good happens.. Do more of it.. Right ? lol .. I think this is a good excuse to buy that Fixe and install one on it.. This is fun.. In aggregate.. The biggest improvements have been, up the BMEP to 118, RT Carb and Chrome Banana, and Ramp the piston.. Those 4 things have increased my power by 4 times over stock and stock settings... Note: the Chrome Banana I am using is the version with out the extra muffler at the tip.. So.. This pipe is louder, but not objectionable . Enjoy the ride..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MVC-004L.JPG (90.2 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg MVC-007L.JPG (92.2 KB, 78 views)

Last edited by thatsdax; 08-12-2014 at 07:33 PM.