View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 05:41 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

I'll also add the last week or so but with one pic
Riding down the road with new kit fitted to Bella ,motor goes BANG at 30 kph and completely locks up ,all run in processes correctly applied ,open the pot and there's a huge crack in the piston ( yep I was dumbfounded as to why) .

Took it to the dealer who apologises profusely ,I was given a reject kit instead of a new one ,honest mistake ( well I'd like to think so) replaces with new motor immediately ,turns out his apprentice had been playing with boring and increasing compression ,had repacked the motor into carton ( motor hadn't been run so appeared new) I had been given that kit mistakenly apparently and owner was waiting for the call

Fitted the new NEW MOTOR and improved via advice from forum members such as removing rubber on engine mounts ,soldering wiring and shrink wrapping ,also used 9mm shrink to tidy up throttle and kill switch cables ,I must say she now looks very tidy ,greased all areas and waterproofed mag cover ,replaced factory jet with smaller one and finally took her for a run .

This motor has a good character but needs warming up before running or she is a pig ,alot more torke than my other motors for some reason but she tows my kids to school daily so it's a good thing .

A lot of fussing around but finally stepped closer to what I want in my retro cruiser
Celebrated birthday on 13th with a cookout and brews with friends
Purchased a leather retro m bike jacket and aviator goggles to keep with the retro look and get comments daily on how good she looks

Took the wife to the hospital 3 times with bracston hicks contractions ( false contractions she is due in 3 weeks

Oh and had internet cut off for two weeks due to line maintenance sigh

That was part of my week

All is returning to normality .........for now

Regards Hen

Oh I've included a pic of my goggles
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (226.4 KB, 37 views)
Light travels faster than sound ,ergo some may appear smart until you hear them speak

Last edited by Henshooter; 08-01-2014 at 05:44 AM.