View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 09:48 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: What got you into all this trouble?

Well other than being a bicycle mechanic and small engine tech for the past off and on 20 years or so..?

I wanted to make a engine assisted bike back in '81 when I was on a MTB D.I.Y. stage of my life. I've had a few small motos throughout this time but the lightness of a bike with a small weedy engine powering is what really appealed to me.

Last March I dragged out of the dark recesses of my garage, an old single speed that I made a few years back, and gave up on and then started eyeing a couple old straight shaft weedeaters collecting dust.

Later, while doing a Dirk Gently style Google search on motorized bikes, I happened upon Augie's ( from the other forum..) story of his trip to Alaska on Sabrina II and that he was now a local Koosbaynian, so I joined all the motorized bicycle forums I could find and hooked up with him to discuss what is what in the powered bicycle realm, and here I am..

And if it wasn't for Gates having a wait period on their specialty V-belts I'd be riding this thing last month...