View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 10:40 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: too rich fuel mix?

Originally Posted by mapbike View Post
I have no idea what you're talking about with me posting about going back to stock size jets in anything, not one single time have I ever posted a comment about that and since 2009 I having been soldering and drilling the jets for all of my engines.

Myself and Tom are usually always the first to point people toward soldering and drilling their jets inorder to get the correct size for their engine setup and all the other factors that require tuning the carb to.

Bottom line is tuning these little china girl engines to run like they should with the right Fuel/Air ratio is very simple and easy to do and I have never advocated in any way that using the stock jet size was the way to go on any engine I have or anyone else for thank matter.

No need for this conversation to continue since its not important and the viscosity thing dont mean didly squat to me, getting the ratio right on these little hunks of junk is a very simple thing to do no matter what oil is being used as long as someone isn't piling it on with the overkilling 16:1 mix.

no need for anyone to get all wound up and overly technical about things that dont mean much to most and will not in any way help someone get their carb tuned properly.

Peace, Map
Very well said... It's so easy to get way too wound up about every little thing in here and over analyzing people's posts about something that has little to no relevance ... I could care less about who discovered oil or what it does at it's molecular level or how oily this oil is compared to brand B etc...
The bottom line is does it work or does it not work for what someone is intending to do with it...
What's important is the mix ratio and the manufacturer's specs, stay close to both until you have a really good grip on what will or won't fry your engine... Most newbs come in here wanting to know a simple answer and if a certain brand or type is safe to use, and with very few exceptions... I'm sure if I was wanting to know what mixes work best and what oils work best I could care less at that point which one has what viscosity or which one is more oily than which... I'd just want to know is the brand I'm asking about ok to use and maybe want a few suggestions to other brands and how they did etc...
I've been using Amsoil in my 2 smokers at 50:1 and 100:1 depending on which oil grade I'm using and what the bottle tells me to mix it at for decades, mainly because I know Amsoil is an excellent oil regardless of whether it's in my cars, my Harley, or mixed up for a small 2 smoker, but after seeing some sensable posts without all kinds of fluff and getting rediculously sceintific about it concearning the Opti2 brand I decided to give it a try and I'm glad I did. I've also been an Amsoil dealer for several years but from personal experience, the Opti2 wins in the China Girl engines when mixed at 100:1, sure it may not be so effective in other type 2 strokers, but it really works wonders for these little engines so I'll recommend it in here at the ratio I use it at regardless of what I sell on the outside.