View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 09:18 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Default Re: Brake lever as Chain tensioner or Pizza Cutter

Originally Posted by fm2200 View Post
can you reposition the jack shaft by sliding it upward and getting a longer chain for transfer side or is that not possible. Another thing I would consider just cut that piece out altogether it looks as though Its only function is to hold that cover on. This problem your having is giving me second thoughts on getting one of those jack shafts.
I guess the best option is to reposition the jack shaft a little bit higher. This would also mean that I would have to disassemble the whole thing, and re-align everything again. It would be just a lot easier to install this chain guide or tensioner. That's just plain laziness...I guess when I first installed it I did not foresee this problem before and just aligned the jackshaft without considering that the chain would sometimes hit the crankcase.

Also, I did'nt use the supplied chain, because I thought BMX half link chains would be better.

Don't get me wrong about the shifter kit. It's the best thing that ever happened to the motorized bicycles. Even with all these problems, it's all worth it... Given all the benefits it offers...

Nothing is perfect in this world and we learn to cope up with these small imperfections. Maybe Pablo will come up with a better version of the shifter kit in the near future.
Regardless if it's left or wrong, the opposite is always right.

Caution: This hobby is habit forming.

Last edited by Technocyclist; 01-19-2009 at 09:36 AM.