View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 08:12 PM
Gutter Rider
Default Re: KC's 68cc 4-stroke 4-speed soft tail

Originally Posted by KCvale View Post

$2500 for a bicycle in today's world is nothing for the serious rider, heck this electric shifter I am still dinking with (breaks drive chain) is on a $3,500 Specialized frame.

With $1,200 in electronics in that Specialized I could darn near build 2 of these 86cc 4-speed 4-strokes on Motoped frames for the same price.
Is that motor free spinning at all when you get to your shifter? That thought just occurred to me? Dunno?

If you got enough torque on that motor? I found out early in my MJShaft NV get up I made,, only a BMX HD chain could stand up to the fight and that was close to no good by 1,200 to mebbe 2000 miles tops. That chain will be laying on the ground or if lucky some how tangled up. That problem stopped when I gave up on Dérailleur shifters.

The BMX chain was getting changed out every 800 miles for me at optimal performance expectations.

That was single speed chain to a N.V. hub gearing set to run pretty high against the hub's for more anti slip inside the hubs gearing. on a mebbe 5.8 H.P. morin motor at the time. That could be why I did not blow that hub then?

I don't think you are running more than 1,200 watts are you? If it is that torque'y of a motor??? How hard is this bike launching?
Still gotta have a since of humor.

Last edited by Goat Herder; 07-09-2014 at 08:14 PM.