View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 12:27 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Default Re: Reasons for riding Motorized Bicycle

I don't know what the small cliff line meant but, as far as your comments go about growing up and wanting a moped go I really know what you mean. As a kid I always wanted one. We were the average family in Western Pa. in the 50's. We got along ok but no extra money. The poorest family in the neighbor hood was headed up by a long haul truck driver. He worked on his own truck a lot. and had every tool you could think of. His three sons, each a year apart we all pretty good with tools and engines. One took a 6.5 horse power tracktor motor and made an awsome motorized bike. Another took the motor out of a wrecked Sears mo ped and made his own chopper and the third had an old wizzer that he had rebuilt. When the three of them came down the street together, they sounded like a mechanized army unit coming. Man I wanted one. When I was 64 I noticed the Grubee kit on line. Of course I ordered one right away and I built the first one on a Huffy beach cruiser. I was hooked. That was several 2 stroke builds ago. My next project is a four stroke. Do you know of one larger than 50 cc that I can adapt?