View Single Post
Old 07-05-2014, 04:43 PM
Resident Mad Scientist
Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Didn't do much more to ol' Tempus except ride it. But if I can at all manage it, at the next income tax refund I plan to pick up a "donor" motorcycle to work on and plan my three-wheel cyclecar project around. A vintage Honda 350 or 400 twin would be perfect given the torque and horsepower they have for their size and weight.
Reason for 3-wheel car project: age and pain. I wasn't a spring chicken when I had my accident in 2010. I can pedal a standard bicycle for about ten minutes before my knee and hip become unbearable. With a motorbike, since I only needed to pedal from start or very slow speeds, I usually could ride much further and longer. But lately, even pedaling from a start on level ground sends twinges of pain up my leg after about the third or fourth down stroke. I take Tylenol before rides now, and I'm concerned about needing to.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"