View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 12:11 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

So I put together a speed version of the China Girl for a guy that paid me $1.600 for the bike and motor. Grubee 66cc, expansion chamber, Delorta SHA carb, Arrow Cycles high compression head from billit alum. with extra big fins for better cooling, ported cylinder and polished piston. I was supposed to deliver it on 6-29. I ended up ordering some parts i needed to finish it from Piston Bikes. Drive sprocket cover, clutch pads new spark plug cap. I ordered them on the 25th shipped 2 day through USPS priority mail. They confirmed that the order shipped on the 26th. The order didn't arrive and I had to give the guy the money back. In truth, he ended up to be kind of a jerk and I'm glad now that I didn't sell it to him. It's a really sweet machine( about 4.5 hp instead of 1.5. I called Piston Bike and the guy says" dude, I didn't send your order, I'll get it out today or tomorrow" I expressed some dissatisfaction to which he replied, "ah man, I don't have to listen to this. Complain to my boss. He's not here though. Then he hung up. The Arrow parts and service are always flawless. Piston Bike though has given me problems on 5 out of 8 orders. What I did today was get the parts from King Motor Bikes, install them and I fired up the new bike and after a few adjustment( changed Jet) adjusted brakes. It was awsome. I really get a kick out of getting a 66cc motor to put out this kind of horse power. Tommorow I'm going to start on another bike like the last one but with a reed carb set up and a 29er with Titanium alloy frame that weighs only 8.5 lbs. It will have a fiberglass tank and seat. I'll let you know how it turns out. Going for 9 hp.