View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 04:30 PM
Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Coupla small things today. First, I made an adjustment to my battery box. I don't have a switch for my tail light, so it's set up as a quick disconnect with a nut and bolt through the lid of the battery box touching the positive terminal of the battery, and a wire with an alligator clip hooked to the bolt on top of the lid. But I sometimes use the alligator clip for other stuff, hence the quick disconnect. Anywho, the post wasn't touching down on the terminal, so I took the lid off and added a washer to the underside. Now it's working perfect. Prior to making that adjustment, my brother was following me on his motorcycle and he said my brake light isn't very bright, so I decided to do something about it. I was running a 12v 5w led bulb, but I went to walmart and got a 12v 27w incandescent. I know that's pretty high wattage, but since it's only on when I brake (tail light is separate), shouldn't be that big a deal as I do have a friction generator and scooter rectifier to charge the battery.