View Single Post
Old 06-21-2014, 05:43 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: KC's 68cc 4-stroke 4-speed soft tail

Originally Posted by mapbike View Post
That is awesome.... I love those old Yamaha bikes, I grew up seeing a lot of those as a kid, Had an uncle that owned a YAMAHA dealership from mid 60's to mid 80's, I just love the look of those old bikes and you did a great job of making that Honda clone engine look like it came factory of that old Yamaha bike, I'd build one of those in a heart beat if I ever came across one of those Yamaha frames.
Love that little bike Citi-sport excellent job.....
Thanks Mapbike, funny that I did that same silly dance of the smilie when I finally got it running.

I'd been riding it with a really bad internal rumble coming from the original 80 cc engine, and it looked like buying an engine case and crankshaft was going to be much more expensive than the cost of Lifan 100. Of course the installation was pretty involved, but I can fabricate and weld, so it came together.

Funny how many people had 'uncles who owned one'. I wonder if they were confusing it with a Honda Trail 90. Years back I owned the little 1968 YL-1 TwinJet 100 cc twin. That was a fun bike, two cans with BB's rattling in them exhaust note.