View Single Post
Old 06-21-2014, 12:15 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: pullstarter or no on my cruiser

Originally Posted by Crysisfreak7 View Post
but you are absolutly sure that the spokes wont snap, my racing bike spokes snapped, just while i was riding normally.
I have been riding my bikes since the first one I built back in 2009 and I have only had one spoke break on an old wheel, I never even knew it had broken and probably road with it that way for a long time since it was sandwiched between the rubber pads of the rag joint that held the sprocket in place, I have a combined several thousand mile between four motorized bikes I now have going and never any major spoke issues, the best insurance is to use a wheel that has the larger 12ga spokes, but I have run both the 12ga spokes and the smaller 14ga spoked wheels since I started building and riding these bikes and I've had good service form both.

Main thing is to get sprocket centered and aligned right, then get the bolts that attach everything good and tight, then you will be fine if the wheel you're using is in good shape to begin with.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!