View Single Post
Old 06-18-2014, 07:23 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Smile Re: Help with Science Experiment

Originally Posted by Goat Herder View Post
Wanna say to the op.
From what I have seen on a two smoke. It had better be the dead of winter and cold as heck outside. Too cold to ride lol. Then its safe enough to take a peek..Still have to know what you are doing.

Not a good experiment for some newbees. I just wanna say Danger Will Robinson. Danger!!

IMO one needs to understand what a good plug chop is. Also that can still fool some one. These two strokes just are not tamable in this regard. Timing advance is a good way to be doing a jug overhaul! All it takes is a couple of hotrodding miles.

Check out gears. This can teach you a bit about where your power band is, and with how the engine goes.

Learn tuning and maintenance.

Then after keeping things simple try a tuned pipe. Then mebbe port match, bigger carby.

Basically this said science wanna say keep things simple. Try things in stages and paying attention to detail will be the best base line ever. Then science can evolve a bit toward some mad science lol

What you said here GH is exactly why I made the suggestion I did about tinkering with exhaust back pressure, its simple, cheap and runs less risk of damaging the engine, if the fella doesnt have the tools he needs to swap chains and gears, Im gonna say he is pretty limited on what actual experiments can be done, exhaust mods like I mentioned are sime and each change will show a difference in performance, I've messed with this stuff in the past and just figures keeping it a very inexpensive and easy task is what would aply the best here.

Just my $0.02 here though.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!