View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 06:35 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Motor Question...

Originally Posted by WOLF IV View Post
Im Going To Do All The Upgrade Before Inst... 45 Piston On Exh. Side, Port Match, Polish..... Ill Leave The Carb Alone Although The Drilling Hole Thing Sounds Good.. Oh I Also Need To See If My Skirt Is Inerfering .. If So Ill Trim It As Well.. What Kind Of Mph Should I Be Seeing? 34t , 3 Speed Hub, 26'' Wheels, Im 165lbs. I Also Bought The 9&11t- Sprockets For The Jack Kit...oh Ive Got A Tuned Pocket Bike Pipe Coming As Well. I Made An Exhaust Tip From 1'' Stainless Today And Will T/a Pipe Length Before Exp. Chamber For Torque And W/ And W/out Cilencer...if All This Is A Waste Of Time, Ill Put In A 80cc Kx Or Yz.
I would advise against modifying your motor until after you get it on the bike and running nice. Then do the modifications one at a time so that if it doesn't run right after you mod it you will know why. I also prefer to modify the port rather than the skirt. A jug is cheap and much easier to replace than the piston. Get the motor on the bike and the bugs worked out. Then add the expansion chamber. When you get that working good move on to the next thing and have fun!