View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 12:17 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Finally bought opti-2

Originally Posted by 2door View Post
Lots of discussion here on the subject of break in using Opti-2. I and others do it and to my knowledge there have been no problems reported. Also there is no need to go heavier on the oil duing break in. I've seen some say to start with 80:1. I don't see the advantage to that.

Put some miles on the engine before you start messing with jet size. Two to three hundred is suggested then go smaller in steps keeping a close eye on spark plug color and listen for signs of a lean burn (bogging at WOT).
I personally don't rely on jet 'size' as sold. I've seen too much inconsistancy. Use the drill size, as has been discussed before. Drill sizes don't change depending on who's selling them. Jet sizes do.

One thing I will add here Tom is that if someone only has the standard small packets of Opti2 available, those packets mix 1.8oz to 1 Gallon instead of 1.3oz per gal. this make the ratio roughly 72:1 I ran that mix for a while because I was buying the standard 1 gal mix packets and when I changed from that mix and switched over to running the 3.2 oz to 2 1/2gal packets, I didn't see much of a difference in my plug chops and didn't even change my jet sizes for the 100:1 mix since my engines still ran just fine and didn't show a serious rich condition, I figured since I run such long distances at high rpms that a little riched mix might be a good thing and so far it has been working great with no noticeable increase in 4 stroking with my bikes accept maybe just a tad at low rpms in a no load low speed.

but now that I run the 100:1 I start them all off on it from the beginning and have had no problems.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!