View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 12:28 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: NEW... a journey recounted in paragraphs!

Ok, I have built my light controller for the Sturmey-Archer dyno-hub... I finished building it a week ago, it charges a USB port and also controls my headlight and tail-light. It cost about 15 bucks to build, luckily I had found a perfect project box in the flood damage from last September. My original plan was to post pics and a schematic for the exact design. My lawyer advised me to wait until my patent comes through... sorry for the wait! I will post pics, but nothing in depth for the reasons above.

I also start my mining season next week, talking about a trailer and camping equipment for a 2-month trip into the 11,000ft peaks of central Colorado. this will be a good test for my prototype controller and current drivetrain.

The HD Axle Kit w/ bandbrake, awesome hub and a great reliable brake still... replacement bands are hard almost impossible to find without buying the complete brake kit. My only complaint!

Sturmey-Archer XL-FDD which is a Dyno and a 90-mm Drum brake. Definately need the SA canti-brake levers for braking leverage, otherwise the braking is lackluster. The hub itself has been awesome, speeds up to 40mph with total weights up to 550lbs... bulletproof

KENDA KROSS Plus tires, no sidewall support... even at 60psi, I keep getting flats where the rim pinches the tube making for a nasty patch! NEVER GET THESE TIRES...

KENDA KOMFORT tires, beautiful... it's been almost a year and no problems at all. I WOULD BUY THESE AGAIN.
Here is My Panama Jack Build, 2013 - 142F 4G HD