View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 06:32 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Looking to buy first bike engine kit and i need help deciding which is the best?

I agree... Dax and Neil sell some of the best China Girl engines out there, they run great stock and can withstand some serious mods... Map has good advise and I'm running a Dax Gen IV in my bike as well. Mine is also highly modified and very dependable. If you're planning on going 40 or above, I'd strongly recommend starting with one of their kits as your base to build up from.
One word of caution tho is that none of these kits will push you up to 40+ mph without mods and higher gearing. Being that you weigh around 160 pounds you do have an advantage over someone like me that weighs about 220 so you can use a smaller rear sprocket without giving up as much acceleration as I would so a 36 or 32 tooth sprocket will help you get there fairly easy. A good expansion chamber pipe Using a Puch Hi Hi head or Fred head will give you more compression and help keep the engine cool, then using a good oil like Opti2 or Amsoil is the other key to making these things last a long time, but like mentioned above, keep the high speed runs limited and cruise it in the low 30's and it'll last plenty good.

Last edited by Davezilla; 06-09-2014 at 06:56 PM.