View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 08:55 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: MY CDI comparison results are posted in swap and shop..

I got the same results you did with the Rocket CDI unfortunately and I was hoping it would stay strong on top but the power does fade off with it installed. The real reason I wanted that CDI was because I could use a better more reliable coil instead of the tiny integral coil in the stock CDI.
I was going to get the HD lightning setup because so many people claimed it ran better, maybe it does depending on engine setup etc, but really there's no way to make a high performance CDI without having some way to adjust the timing curve to match the engine setup because it may rock on a stock engine but not give any gains or even lose power on a built engine. Jaguar tried to address that problem but made all the curves way too mild for any kind of performance use. Now if someone could make a CDI unit that's as agressive as the stock or the HD lightning with a way to fine tune it to each individual setup that's the one I'd buy... something with a 10 turn precision pot instead of preset jumpers to change the resistance or capacitance would really be nice...