View Single Post
Old 06-06-2014, 08:49 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Just for fun: whats the biggest motor fitted to a bike?

Ya beat me to it Tom... LOL

Its not about top speed for me either with the old hot rods, its about 0-when I get ready to let off as quickly as possible..

Years ago I built a 406 cid Small block Chevy for a 1971 Chevy pick up I had, all balanced, 11.2 compression, comp cams 532 lift 294 duration solid lift cam, nicely worked 64cc heads, old Wieand 7546 single plane high rise with 780CFM Holley... B&M Hole shot converter..... blah blah blah.... engine saw 8500 RPMs many time and would set you back in the seat hard if you could manage to get it hooked up on the street... Oh yeah point A to point B was a thrill, I loved the times when the kids would pull up beside me at a red light in there Camaro, Mustang, Firebird or rice burner.... and when the light would turn green they hammered it and then realized I was right beside them until I hammered mine and showed them my tail lights.... oh yeah I broke a few u-joints wore out a lot of tires and got around 6-7 MPG but oh was it fun.....!

OK sorry, got off on a rabbit trail there....!

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!