View Single Post
Old 06-06-2014, 02:35 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Just for fun: whats the biggest motor fitted to a bike?

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
I always wonder and it really is on my todo list but ya seldom see GY6 engines used. They have a CVT mounting capability, give great HP to weight ratio, e and kick start and an internal generator. It is a mass produced (read cheap) and amazing little power plant for a bicycle.

Can get em in some crazy big CCs but even at 50cc will turn the back wheel really fast. LOL, I am old. I just want the rear wheel to turn. Slowly and with great dependability. (@40MPH)
I agree about the dependability of the GY6 engines, I have a 2008 Rocketa 150cc scooter that I've done a few minor mods to, about 62 mph all day long at around 7000 rpm on the flat not bucking a strong head wind, fairly torquey little engines witha good flowing exhaust Uni filter and a little upjetting on the stock carb, chunk the cvt rollers and replace with some 12-14 gram sliders to get cvt operating better..... fun little ride and would be the berries set up right on a streched cruiser build.

Yee Haw........!

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!