View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 10:25 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Got a good start on my next build today, got my wheels clear coated, when that was dry I got tubes and tires installed on wheels, noticed that bothe wheels were not as true as they could be so I trued them real good, I tore new Shimano CB 110 E hub down, cleaned everything up real good with a brsh in a can on gasoline and re greased everything with high grade moly grease and re assembled the hub, once I got that done I installed the new apirates cycles hub adapter and 36T sprocket onto wheel, I figured I'd like to know how the bike was gonna ride and peddle since I plan to use a small 36T chainring on the cranks so I completely put the bike together and went for a short ride just to see how it would peddle and ride, everything worked like I wanted it to so I came back home and completely tore the bike back down to bare frame, cleaned frame thouroughly with clean rags and acetone, hung it up and gave it a couple good coats of primer and when that dried a couple good coats of fresh equipment enamel paint, John Deere Yellow to be exact.

Did a few other things as well but just tried to have a fairly productive day with the Schwinn bike.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!