View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 08:04 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

I took the new build (red one a few posts back) out for a shakedown run. No speedo, but it feels as strong as the others. Got to the coffee shop just fine, came back outside with my cup since it was a nice day. I'd just finished going over the motor to make sure nothing was shaken loose when the back tire blew out. Three feet from my ear, like a gunshot. The tube has a 4" long gash in the side, and it blew the tire off the wire bead (split). Crazy, since I know it was at 60 psi (usually a safe pressure) to start with.

I'm glad it blew standing in the rack istead of under load in traffic, it could have been much worse.

Fortunately, across the parking lot from the Tim's is a Canadian Tire, so I walked it over there and bought a new tire and tube, broke out the tool kit and replaced them while in front of the store. Got it together and rode home, also had no trouble climbing up the hill. A little adjusting of the clutch might be needed, but otherwise feels good.

Any day that starts with a good ride is already a better day, and a bad day riding still beats a good day working.

My Builds: My Beast, Harley59's bike, my Cruiser