View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 09:34 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: 4 stroking at 0 throttle-1/4 throttle

Originally Posted by fischer550 View Post
and map even if i am at 5,000 ft would you still recommend the c-clip being not at the top but second?
Well, after reading the last posts you made here it sounds like the gas cap not venting may have been your trouble, so if that solved it and you feel it starts easy enough and is running good at low to mid rpms with clip at top groove then just leave it there, wont hurt a thing and at your elevation that may be where yours works best on your engine set up.

I've never had a Grube frame but it seems that the gas caps are fairly small when I've seen them in pictures of the frame, if it were me and there is enough room on cap which I think there is.... get myself an 1/8' NPT pipe tap, drill the correct size hole through the cap and thread in a small barbed brass fitting that I could put a small length of tubing on so the cap can vent good.

Drilling a 1/16" or so size hole through cap may work out just fine also, but the fuel tank has got to vent or you will have fuel supply issues, which can come in the form of surging and seeming as if it is running out of gas.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!