View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 05:32 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: 4 stroking at 0 throttle-1/4 throttle

Originally Posted by fischer550 View Post
heres a picture of the carb angle. I did change the stock jet size to a 66, and I went on a 3mile ride and it went just fine and then out of nowhere the surging began and now it does it all the time.
Honestly just not sure what you mean by surging, is it as if you are giving it throttle and then letting off giving again and letting off giving again and letting off......?

A surge and a 4 steoking engine are two completely different things, sounds like your engine ma be starving for fuel, remove hose from carb and see if gas flows good and quickly for fuel valve when you open it.

Is your fuel cap vented...?

Take the bike for a ride, if it starts the "surging" reach down and loosen the fuel cap on tank a little so it can breathe and see if the surging stops, if so you need to vent the cap.

The carb angle you have is excellent, I have had carbe at wa more of an angle than yours and never had a single issue with fuel, if float isn't set right in carb the carb angle will become an issue but when float level is as high as possible without causing carb to flood, the angle isn't that important in my experience.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!