View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 04:07 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: White spark plug.

Originally Posted by fischer550 View Post
And that can't be right I don't think map, because when I moved the c-clip down I richened the mix, right?
Yes if you move the clip down it will cause the needle to sit higher at its lowest point and that allows more fuel to flow up from the main jet at idle to about 3/4 throttle.
Doing what you described does richen the mix at idle and low to midium speeds, I set my carbs so the jetting is correct at the speeds I plan to cruise at, that will mean that the mix will be slightly on the rich side below those rpms and cause a slight amount of 4 stroking at low to midium speeds but none at cruise speeds or when engine is under a heavier loads like going up hills and slight inclines.

A 32:1 mix gives you more fuel in the mix to a lesser amount of oil, a rich condition is related to the fuel not the oil and that is also true for what is a lean condition, more oil in the mix means less fuel in the mix which means a leaner mix.

Hope this help explain things a bit better.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!

Last edited by mapbike; 06-01-2014 at 04:16 AM.