View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 08:47 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: coaster brake revisisted

We might just need to deal on my next build... What I got in mind is something like one of those mid 90's proflex frames with a Morini or KTM clone engine, this of course means frame modifictaions and a jack shaft thru the swingarm pivot point to keep the chain from going all over the place as the suspension travels...
I've been an aircraft mechanic since the early 80's and have done both mechanical and structures work thruout the years so fab work is second nature to me, but I've pretty much retired myself from aviation and started buying machinist tooling to support my hobbies which is building and riding custom motorcycles, and now the motorized bikes since it's a lot less expensive to play... I'm still pretty new to machining stuff so that's where I could hand off some of the work to you...
I could prep the frame to a certain point, then send it off to your shop for making the mounts and brackets etc, then back to me for a custom paint job since I do paint and airbrush as well.
I'm stil looking for just the right frame and there's no real time limit for when this build takes place or gets completed so it should be interesting what we can come up with...