View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 07:38 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: How do You break in your ht motor?

I fire mine up, run them down the road a ways watching and listening for any signs of a problem with chain or mounting, make sure brakes on bike are all working properly and that everything I can see hear or feel seems to be in order.

Now after about 15-20 miles and all looks good I open it up. Real good once or twice to see what the tune on the carb seems like and then I cruise it at a good speed just a little under wide open for a while then back home and let it cool for a little while and I pull the plug to check its color, by now I already know if Im on the rich side by ridiing it those few miles and the plug color will comfirm what my carb tune is like.

Ill make adjustments based on what I know it needs from experience on other china girls I have and then I pretty much run the dog out of it just the way I plan to do for the life of the engine and it will run a little better and better normally until it get 300-400 miles on it and by then its normally settlex in nice.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!