View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 12:59 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: too rich fuel mix?

Originally Posted by jmwapp View Post
Should one ever go below a 32:1 ratio? I was thinking of going to like 40:1 because I'm slightly blowing out some oil smoke and I have over 1,000 miles on the engine so it is definitely well beyond break-in.
If the oil you are using is recommended for 40:1 and you check your spark plug after a few miles to see what color it is to know if you are running a little lean on fuel or not it should be fine to go to a 40:1 mix.

it all depends on oil quality and if it is recommended by the oils maker to use it at the 40:1 ratio.

I run 100:1 Ratio in all my engines and have been for a long time, I use Opti2 which is designed to be ran at that ratio and my engine produce almost zero smoke or oil smell, and I get excellent performance, power and top speed out of my bikes running the Opti2, some will not go down that road but myself and several others on here have proven over a good long time now that with proper carb tuning that the opti2 @ 100:1 is an excellent way to go.

Echo makes a Synthetic Blend 2 stroke oil that can be picked up at any Home Depot and it's recommended mix is 50:1 I know of one member here that has been running that oil at 50:1 in his bike for a good while now and has had great results, Lucas makes a Synthetic Blend oil that some here are running with good results also, seems it is a good oil at 40:1 if I remember right, it may also work out nice at 50:1 but I'm not sure on that.

Quality oil, that is recommended at 40:1, properly tuned carb and you should have no problems from running that mix.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!