View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 05:36 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Got the newly painted 2 liter tank installed on the old Western Flyer bike today and took it for a 12 mile ride, this thing gets any faster and its gonna get scary, I'm hitting some crazy speeds on this bike under good conditions on the flat or going down a slight declining area on the road, I need to run my GPS and see if my speedo is off a little, the bike has GPS 'd right at 46 mph when it had less than 25 miles on the new engine, I registered 51.5 MPH going down the slight hill today and got 46-48 MPH on the flat without any head wind, the speed got to the point that my front wheel was bouncing so it is obviously not balanced good for speeds like that, I plan to run my GPS next time out on this bike to see if I'm really getting those top speeds out of it or if the speedo is a tad off, I know for a fact it will hit mid 40's (45,46 mph ) but I'm not that sure about the 51.5 MPH reading I got today, all I know is that it was screaming and I was moving right along and if it is off I dont think it's off by much judging by how the bike was feeling.

Nice ride but with the modified kit pipe it just doesn't have the lugging power like my Kulana bike does with the Cat eye expansion pipe, the WF bike pulls OK but it shines on the top end and lacks on the bottom end.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 63 WFlyer pic 2014-05-20.jpg (1.35 MB, 28 views)
I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!