Well, it didn't start on the first clutch drop, but the second's good enough for me (needed to open the choke).. the latest I'm tinkering with started for the first time.
Now it just needs some adjustments..
- can't quite get the clutch to be disengaged with the lever in it's in/rest/'locked' position.
- need to take a look at the clutch lever itself; the 'lock button' popped out and tried to vanish into the garage, with the spring going a different direction. Fortunately I tracked them both (went cross-eyed doing it ) and picked 'em up,
- tighten up the brake lever on the handlebars,
- close up and seal the mag housing and electrical
- put a muffler support strap on
- and on, and on...