View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 11:51 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Using a different carb during break in

Originally Posted by jesse View Post
Well me being still a newbie, i figured its just the stock carb thats probably no good anymore and might as well buy a performance one.
If fuel started leaking out of tickler button most likely you have some trash in the needle and seat valve.

Are you running an inline fuel filter between tank and carb?

The carb you bought is a good replacement for someone who has the no how to set it up right, one thing I will say is that in my experience the throttle cables that come with these carbs dont work without a slight mod done to them, the end that goes into the carb has the small cylindrical nub on it and in all of them I have seen that nub is to long and needs to be ground down to about half its length, these Dellorto clone flat slide carbs work great but are a little tricky getting together after cable is installed if you dont pay close attention to how things go back in.

The main jet can be seen once the fuel bowl is removed, it screws into a brass tube that extends down through center of the float.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!