View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 11:41 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: What kind of moterized bike should I get?

Originally Posted by peace View Post
The Job is 17 miles from where my apartment is, but 15mins by car from where my parents live. So I've been staying with them the days I don't have school, and they have been nice enough to bus me around.

I don't want a moped because being a hippie/ maybe one day activist (and a little paranoid ) I don't want an updated picture of me in a database. Eventually I want to live in the city with the other "hipsters" and grow native fruit plants, (met some people at a little concert that do that, I've been doing it in my backyard at the moment) and have a lower paying artist job or vegan hippy sorta thing

Right now going the 17 mil distance at 20 mph would take me about an hour which would be fine (also might find a temporary place to stay next month that is closer), eventually I'd probably be in the city where things are closer and possible want to lug potted plants in the back on some sort of mini wagon or something, and having the bike fold up would be convenient.

I wouldn't mind spending like $500-700 dollars on a bike.
But I don't know anything about the cost though so those numbers might not be realistic.

I did some very brief looking and found the EVELO electric bicycle apparently can go 40 miles on a single charge don't know the price.
Since you show you location as being in 'newtopia' or some such thing, want to be an activist/hippie/stay off the radar/artist kind of guy I'd say an electric.
KC's Krusiers Builds