View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 03:51 AM
Lightning Boy's Avatar
Lightning Boy Lightning Boy is offline
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Michigan
Posts: 188
Default Re: What is more reliable?

I'm pretty sure you'd need at least a moped license for either one, but laws vary greatly in different regions. None of my business, anyway.

I would say being a bigger fellow, he might benefit from the stronger rims and tires typically found on mopeds. Not familiar with that particular model, but I wouldn't want to put that much stress on a thin tire and rim.

Personally, I have a license and car- and still choose to ride a motorized BMX as my primary transportation. It's definitely going to be cheaper on plates and insurance by a long shot, a lot of fun, and lots of crazy looks and questions about it regularly.
Also, I've never weighed more than 145 or so in my life. If I was a bigger guy, I'd definitely ride something bigger and reinforced for it.
Reply With Quote