View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 05:00 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Top Speed, 80cc Chinese motor? what is the record?

Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
You blew up the phone or the motor? At that speed, you must have been spinning over 9000 RPM or better, really straining the structural limits of the materials the rod, piston, wrist pin, crank & bearings. If your motor blew, it's probably because something came apart internally.

At 30 MPH, my motor vibrations are so bad it shakes like a titty dancer on meth, everything in my mirrors becomes a blur. (gotta stuff my handlebars with lead shot, I know) At those speeds I'm not so much afraid of wrecking or spilling at speed (although I'm sure it'll hurt if I do), so much as the motor grenading between my knees.
I ah feel ya Dave!! 39 M.P.H. was my top speed going down a hill 32 level
Dave as i bet you already know 90% of the vibe is coming from loose motor mounts, I had one mount vibrate out and the vibration was ten times worse so after I fixed it & I went over the other 3 bolts and glued some rubber tubing inside the mount as well as the saddle clamp.

I got on it , got up to speed and it was sooo smooth hardly any vibration at all . Still feels like its gonna fragment between my legs though at top speed!~