View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014, 12:02 AM
maniac57's Avatar
maniac57 maniac57 is offline
Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: memphis Tn
Posts: 4,486
Default Re: flat tires on a motorized bicycle

Flats are simply a part of riding. You can minimize but never totally prevent. I dislike slimed tubes since you cannot patch them when they get a puncture too big for the sealant. And they WILL get one too big.
I run extra thick thorn resistant tubes and have been doing real good so far this season with only one nail which took about 5 min to patch. I don't even remove the rim usually anymore unless there is serious damage.
Tire liners are another layer of protection and with thick tubes, will stop 90% of punctures. By using non-slime tubes, you can easily patch that remaining 10%.
Except for the really bad ones...

which nothing will stop.
If more is better, then too much is just enough.
If you can't afford it, build it yourself.
Reply With Quote