View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 11:41 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: pictures of multiple engine bikes i saw

Originally Posted by double trouble View Post
i will try to call the place today and see if i can get an explanation of how these bikes start and ride.
If you saw them in person , you would appreciate the quality and care.
Please don't take me wrong, I'm not hating on the bikes at all, they are good works of someones imagination and mechanical skills, but to me from what I can see in those pics they're just not functional machines that on could hop on and hit the road on under engine power, but still ok if a person like things like that, they would need to have each engine drive a long multiple supported jackshaft that had a single drive gear going to the real wheel to be functional for one thing, and also I don't see how you would ever get them started, if there was some way to hook a single clutch up to all of the engine you wouldn't likely be able to pull the clutch lever with one hand, and if you could, when you released the clutch on all of those engine that rear tire would just lock up and skid from that much resistance...

The bike with three engines, looks like it could be functional, the bike with five.... nah.. I dont think so.

I'm just not seeing in the pix how this multi engine bike can actually be a functional rider... but hey I could be wrong and maybe my questions are do to something I cant see in the pix.... shrug?

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!

Last edited by mapbike; 04-25-2014 at 11:44 AM.