View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 09:17 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Bought bottom end from Boy Go Fast, should I be worried?

I would replace upper wrist pin bearing with higher quality one myself but some have good luck with the stock bearing so thate just a matter of whether you're willing to chance it being a good one or not, be sue to look close and realiz the there are tiny pins in the ring groove on the piston and each ring must have the pins placed in the gap of the ring before jug/cylinder can be place over piston and you will have to squeeze the rings and rub a good dose of oil inside cylinder to help it all come together, its a simple process but just ne sure the ring gaps are aligned with the little dowel pins in the pistons ring grooves or you'll break the rings trying to get jug on.

Also look to make sure locking clips on each sode of wrist pin are both seated good in the grooves, some have had issues with them not being in the groove and if they come out has s big trouble and a jacked up engine real quick.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!