View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 03:44 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: New 80cc Engine Wont Start???

Originally Posted by Jumpa View Post
This may sound dumb but I've seen it happen to a guy .Make sure your clutch line is not to tight I had a guy bring me a bike he said it would not start at all .Yet come to find out all he had to do was release the brass lock that holds the cable going to the clutch arm an 1/8 of an inch.

Just like you said , he said the exact same thing " it doesn't even sound like it wants to start " I told him you may as well have been riding with the clutch pulled in all the way , it doesn't take much pull to disengage these clutches.
Good point, it is hard to know what someone means when they say, it seems like it doesnt even want to start, dont ever know for sure if they mean engines isn't even tur ing over or that it is turning over but just not firing off or even sputtering like it's trying to start, all the china girl engines I have had always bust right off and run the very first try, they're so simple and easy to work on if someone understands them and has everything set up right before they even try to start them for the first time, unlike some, I rejet m carbs to what I know is a good starting point by soldering the jet and drilling with a #73 wire gauge bit, I make sure there is fuel in the carb by loosening the drain screw on the bowl, turn on choke lever and they spin a small amount and bust right off every single time.

In my opinion the biggest problem people have with the non starting issue isthat they just dont have things set up right, all the info is here on this forum and its easy to find, spark + fuel + compression if all is right these little enginez just run.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!