coaster brake revisisted
So this is my 3rd attempt to fab a coater brake arm to go around a sprocket on an adaptor. The 1st attempt failed badly. The second attempt was a total redesign and worked perfect. The problem was it was only a prototype to prove the new design and I just hose clamped it to the frame. Unfortunately I lost the in process pics I took. So the finished installation pics will have to do.
I started out with a short length of 1" x 1/8" box tubing and started cutting and welding. 1st I slit the tubing lengthwise and than milled the pieces to 3/16" thick and then welded the 2 half's together. I slit and bent to form the bends and radius. Tacked it together and fit it before finish welding. I made a aluminum mounting bracket and welded to the frame. Ta da... a new old school functional coaster brake arm.