View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 06:01 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: inconsiderate worthless POS driver who should be executed slowly

Originally Posted by needtransportation View Post
When I search the legal code you listed it shows that it deals with non operable traffic lights, what law says I need a liscence to ride a motor assisted bike? I was under the impression that under 50cc didnt require a liscence.
He probably meant 55-8-101 (35)

(35) “Motorized bicycle” means a vehicle with two (2) or three (3) wheels, an automatic transmission, and a motor with a cylinder capacity not exceeding fifty cubic centimeters (50cc) which produces no more than two (2) brake horsepower and is capable of propelling the vehicle at a maximum design speed of no more than thirty miles per hour (30 mph) on level ground. The operator of a motorized bicycle must be in possession of a valid operator's or chauffeur's license, and shall be subject to all applicable and practical rules of the road. A motorized bicycle may not be operated on a highway of the interstate and defense highway system, any similar limited access multilane divided highway, or upon sidewalks;

If you own a valid Tennessee driver's license, no endorsement is required to operate a motorized bicycle that is 50 cc or less.