View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 04:05 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

well until I do some more testing I wont know for sure but it seems that after making a 3 1/2 mile ride this afternoon that the 28T sprocket may be just a bit much for the china girl to pull me on, 215lbs currently and the clutch is slipping something terrible which I knew would be an issue being the pucks are just burned up in that engine.

But it will top out at 41.2 GPS'd MPH and it isn't turning very high RPMs doing it but even going down a hill it wouldn't rev up like it normally would before so I'm thinking the sprocket may not be all the problem, I changed the exhaust and put on an NT speed carb in place of the RT I had on it before, with the RT and a 36T sprocket it would do 42 MPH and hold it solid unless I hit a hill and then I could stay in the 30's all the way to the top if I had a good head of steam when I first started up the hill, I'm gonna be doing some exhaust work on it next and may end up with the RT carb back on it just to get things back to how they were so I can actually tell if the 28T sprocket is the rotten apple here or I made another change that hurt me.

I may need to be going with a 32T or maybe back to the 34T sprocket I had on it at one time, the 34T did great and the 36T did great, was just looking to get the rpms down a bit more even if I don't gain much or any top speed, I'm thinking the 28T will probably do better on the 24" wheel, oh well, I'll know when I do some more testing.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!