View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 12:53 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Huffy cranbrook bigger tires?

Originally Posted by mrfubs View Post
hello all i do not own a crankbrook yet but i was wondering what the max size tires you could install on one of them?

i will be going 50-60 and would like a beefy/wider tire at higher speeds like that.

if you are familuar with Freds twin plug head huffy cranbrook im looking for the same tires he has.

i appriciate any info!
I believe Fred is running Kenda Flames and they are 3" wide tires, he has his engine mounted so that it is offset to one side to help with clearance also, I'm gonna say 2'' - 2.5'' tires would be the max possibly and that is if you use a clam shell hub adapter so you can bring the sprocket out a tad more than what is typical with the rag joint coupler set up, if your rim width is about 1''-1 1/8'' you can get by OK with 2.125 x 26'' tires ok I know because I've done that, but if you run the wide heavy duty rims that set up wit a rag joint may not work to well, I say you will probably be good with up to a 2.5'' tire if you use a hub adapter for the sprocket.... I know there are others on here who have more experience with all this than I do, but I can only speak from what I have tried, I normally use 26 x 1.95 tires on my bikes since they work so well and the fastest one of my bikes has ever seen was 48mph and I typically cruise at low 40's onn that bike and low to mid 30's on my other 3 bikes.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!