View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 08:20 PM
Resident Mad Scientist
Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Ol' Tempus came in rather handy tonight. It was starting to get dark, and two of my older daughters had come home on time. Liesl, the procrastinator, had not. At first I went out on foot but, although I knew she hadn't left the mobile home park, this place was big and I was tired, and there were five or six different friend's houses she could be in. Sounded like an excuse to get out the bike.
I was making short work of every street down here. I rounded a curve that took me past one of Liesl's friend's house - when I saw her dart out the back door as I rode past the front. I must have tipped her off: there is no other vehicle for miles which sounds even remotely like mine.
She was running between houses where I could barely see her. But Tempus goes quick when I need her to. I met Liesl at the driveway as she ran up, so she couldn't say she'd been there the whole time - and she knew it. I don't spank my kids. But she missed out on dessert and the first part of a Harry Potter movie her sisters began watching. (For her, that seemed worse than any kind of spanking.) She knew when to be home. She also knows that, if I have to get out the bike to go looking for her, it's already too late and she needs to cut her losses and head straight home.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"

Last edited by Allen_Wrench; 03-31-2014 at 09:59 PM.