View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 11:31 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

Yesterday I pulled the straight plug head off an older engine I put on the 1963 Western Flyer bike, I put a slant plug head I had shaved all the raised sealing ring off of on it and took it for an 8 mile round trip ride, cruises 36.5 GPS' d MPH and hit a top speed of 40.2MPH on a slight decline, carb is running rich and causing it to 4 Stroke at WOT I stuck an RT on it that was tuned for a modified engine but will be tuning an NT carb up for it when I have a chance, this bike has 24" wheels and Im running a 30T rear sprocket, ordered the sprocket from SBP and then drilled it for the rag joint/ stock coupler set up using an old stock 44T as a template for drilling the holes, works like a champ... and a great sprocket for only $7 and a little time drilling the holes, wish I could find a 28T to do this to......I think it would be excellent on the 24" wheels, with the 30T it still pulls my 210lbs right up the hills around here without ever needing to pedal.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!